Wednesday 5 February 2020

Family Life Gr 4/5

Mrs O'Neill will be starting Theme 3 of Family Life in religion shortly with the 4/5 class. This is the created sexually unit and a letter will be going home to notify you. Here is the letter with the links to the content that will be covered.  I think you should be able to access the letter. 

I just checked out the site and it's not really a quick read. I gave up and I'm use to these documents. I'll try to find a more user friendly and to the point one to post.

Because this is a split grade and the content for grade 5 is more mature, I will be joining in and taking the grade 5 class while Mrs O'Neill will focus on the grade 4's. 

The grade 5 content is very important as some of your children might have already started puberty or will be soon enough. Please know that you are the most important source for them to go to with questions. It's a perfect time to break the ice and start having these conversations with them (if you haven't started already).  While I try and be as honest, inclusive, and informative as possible with them, I may ask them to take their questions home to you to answer.

I'm not sure yet when the grade 6's will start their unit with their teacher. I think it will be happening soon. Their teacher will be covering the content with them on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.